Xmas Shopping??? ...try these
Top-10 Quick Picks For Your Xmas List
Admit it, you've left your Xmas shopping to the very last minute & don't know what to get for your family & fiends (or even a gift for yourself). Don't worry, we're here to help! Here are some helpful hints along with Buy Now links to help you get them quickly (in no particular order):
Pig - Pigmata
– this one will look great under any Xmas tree, but please just make sure you don't mix up the "To" labels, or your little nephew is going to grow up to live in a room with rubber walls, or at least have a lifetime of expensive therapist bills.
Gary Numan - Jagged
– perfect gift for someone that likes to read Edgar Allen Poe by candle light. This will give them a little mood music for their morbid endeavors. An extra tip is to go ahead and include a couple new black candles with the CD when you wrap it, so they won't be able to guess what the gift is, just by the shape.
Tre Lux - A Strange Gathering
– ideal gift for someone that may not be familiar with Gothic music yet but might need a subtle introduction. Features Tina Root, former voice of Switchblade Symphony, interpreting a wide range of cover songs, some are more obvious choices, like Ministry's "Everyday is Halloween", and some with a little more mainstream appeal. It's a great blend of styles & a showcase for Tina's exceptional talent.
The Birthday Massacre - Violet
– if you're already getting a teddy bear with safety pins stuck into it for someone on your Xmas list, then this CD is the perfect companion gift to bring their nightmares to life... Such great sounding nightmares that you'll want them to go on forever.
Bauhaus - Gotham
– you can't go wrong with this classic, even if your intended recipient already has it, they'd probably appreciate having a brand new unscratched spare copy (maybe 1 for home & 1 for the car). Even long-time Bauhaus fans that have all their early works will appreciate the excellent live renditions on this 2 disk set. They're the band credited with starting the entire Goth music genre, so the ideal gift for Goths of all ages, or even as an introduction to the music for someone that's never heard any before.
Combichrist - Get Your Body Beat
– I hear that exercise equipment is a popular Xmas gift. Well, this CD should get that special someone on your list moving around. Maybe they'll start their own EBM club in their living room and dance 'til dawn. A few objects might get broken along the way, but that just means they'll need more stuff for next Xmas. (This is more of a preview EP with remixes plus extra tracks. It's a little less expensive than a full CD too, so a good gift if you want to save a few bucks).
KMFDM - Hau Ruck
– Santa will probably be saying "Hau Ruck" as he lifts his heavy bag full of gifts into the sleigh for his big night. Many of those gifts will be KMFDM CD's, both new & classics re-mastered. Frontman Sasha is the self-proclaimed Father of Industrial Rock. Whether you agree with that or not, there's no denying that KMFDM has definitely perfected it. With all the bright red on the CD cover, if you have to wrap presents in a hurry this one's ideal, because any areas you misswill just look like part of the wrapping.
Super Heroines - Anthology
– got a punk in the family? It's old school punk, + death rock, + the attitude & voice of fame'd Christian Death & Shadow Project singer Eva-O. With so many tracks, it's like a 2-for-1 deal. Perfect for punks or any other children of the night.
The Retrosic - Nightcrawler
– a fresh sound in the world of creepy Industrial that will put a spark of delight into the eyes of people who enjoy the darker side of life. Comes with a great spider pic on the CD cover, so may also be a gift that will appeal to people who like spiders.
Mindless Self Indulgence
– for that quirky friend (maybe the one with green hair). Catchy, often humorous, often rude 'n' crude, rap-hop, electro-punk, madness. And, like potato chips, you might need more than one, so here are a couple choices: